Max-Schmeling-Halle | Falkplatz 1, 10437 Berlin
Phone: +49 (30) 44304-5 | Fax: +49 (30) 44304709 | Email: email@example.com
Velomax offers services in the following areas: customer service and advice, catering for the public area and the VIP area, ticket service (advanced booking service), technical service such as power supply, stage construction and alterations of all kinds, light and sound etc.
The name Velomax is a combination of the two halls Velodrom and Max-Schmeling-Halle. The company Velomax Berlin Hallenbetriebs GmbH has been managing these two halls since mid 1997, initially as agency contract, later as rent and operating contract. Together with the Federal Land Berlin Velomax manages the Land-owned halls in form of a Public-Private-Partnership. Velomax is therefore responsible for the economic marketing and letting of both halls. Moreover Velomax is responsible for the maintenance of all buildings and technical equipment.
- The hall opened in the summer of 1997
- The building costs amounted to a total of 205 Mill. DM/105 Mill. EUR.
- The construction took four years in total.
- The hall was designed and built by the three architects Jörg Joppien, Albert Dietz und Annette Maud-Joppien.
- Initial reason for construction: Berlin’s application for the Olympic Games 2000 (Olympia Sportstättenbauten GmbH)
- Halls A and B (6 x dividable): 2,430 m²
- Hall C (3 x dividable): 1,215 m²
- Colonade hall: 2,420 m²
- Ballet room: 210 m²
- Dance room: 400 m²
- Print/Media room: approx. 20 m²
- Press centre: 150 m²
- Conference room: 58 m²
- VIP-Lounge: 460 m²
- Restaurant Albatros: 150 m² additional event room: 55 m²
- Group changing rooms: 16
- Artists’ changing rooms: 7
- Production offices: 12
- Exhibition space: 2,000 m²
- Disabled parking spaces: at least 6
- Car parking spaces: 36
- Parking space for busses, vans and media cars: approx. 20
- Bearing load of ceiling: 120 t
- Power supply arena: more than 1,200 kW
- Power supply ceiling: more than 300 kW